Sunday, March 22, 2009

My complaint for the day :)

Okay so as of Feb. there was a law that passed that said it was illegal to sell lead toys to children 12 and under. But, the CPSC worded that law that said all products for children 12 and under with lead were illegal. This included dirt bikes because as you all know children put dirt bikes in their mouths to suck on them. So now all the companies that were selling children's dirt bikes can't sell them anymore and kids can't ride anymore until they are older. It also means that my husband and his brother can't work on fixing little kid's dirt bikes because no one can sell new parts. Now, the stupidest thing about all this is that the government said that the CPSC can restate the fact; saying it's okay to sell children's dirt bikes and kids can start riding again. But, they haven't...

7 comments:

Ashley said...

that's weird.

Anonymous said...

That is so dumb.

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I still chew on dirt bikes once in a while just for the heck of it and I am WAY older than that. he he
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Typical government, interfereing with our right to suck on anything we want...

Write your congressman!

Amanda M. said...

Huh, politics. I say fight the power, he he.

Carly Nichols said...

I'm so sorry! Do you want me to kick some butt!?! Sam and I will be up there in 2 seconds...well maybe 3 1/2 hours but we'll be there!!

roseanne said...

Ok that's sooo retarded!
Zack's dirt bike stopped working last summer and I haven't fixed it yet (the spaces to get to stuff are sooo small!) So I guess Zack is in trouble!
SO what about fishing sinkers or Pinewood derby weights?
AND- Last I checked plain old dirt has lead in it soo why not outlaw dirt... sounds just as reasonable!